To address some unique environment conditions, you may want to provide your customer with a pre-activated license. This license can be copied to the application folder or other valid search folder. When validating the license, DeployLX will not prompt the user to activate since it already has all the hardware information required to verify the machine.
You will need to obtain the user's machine profile hash to pre-activate the license. If the user reported the problem with the complete DeployLX error report, then you already have the hash labeled Machine Code. Otherwise, you can use the Profile Helper application to generate the hash on the end user's machine.
Sample error report with profile hash
System Info -------------------------------------------------- Timestamp: 2011-05-24T20:11:58 / 2011-05-24T13:11:58 Entry Assembly: DeployLX, Version=4.1.3500.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null Base Directory: C:\Dev\XHEO\DeployLX-4\Build\ Platform: Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 [6.1 Build 7601] OS Version: 6.1.7601.65536 CLR Version: 4.0.30319.225 Process Bitness: 32-bit Culture: en-US / en-US Encoding: Western European (Windows) IIS Available: True Machine Code: 19VH4-WECUL-KC37X-7YN5R-NUEE8-07PVF-3D1TU
To Pre-Activate a License
- Open the license in the Advanced License Editor.
- Select the license edition to be unlocked.
- From the License Limits tree, select the Activation limit to be unlocked.
- In the limit properties window, scroll down to the Hardware Profiles group.
- Select the profile to be activated.
- Enter the customers machine profile hash into the Hash column (Note, do not modify the Unlock Hash).